Hi all. Another in my history of silly questions ...
I'm trying to run a test suite in the Einstein Toolkit (2012_11) -- specifically, TwoPunctures/test/bhns_eval.par .
I've compiled all the necessary thorns in my ThornList, and can run the suite parameter file fine. *However*, if I try
make whizzbang-testsuite
... TwoPunctures/test/bhns_eval.par does *not* appear in my list of runnable suites. Is there a simple-for-me-to-understand reason for this?
Thanks,
Bernard
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
(I should add that *none* of the TwoPunctures suites appears in my list, including the bhns_interp suite.)
On 4/3/13 11:07 AM, "Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY]" bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov wrote:
Hi all. Another in my history of silly questions ...
I'm trying to run a test suite in the Einstein Toolkit (2012_11) -- specifically, TwoPunctures/test/bhns_eval.par .
I've compiled all the necessary thorns in my ThornList, and can run the suite parameter file fine. *However*, if I try
make whizzbang-testsuite
... TwoPunctures/test/bhns_eval.par does *not* appear in my list of runnable suites. Is there a simple-for-me-to-understand reason for this?
Thanks,
Bernard
-- Bernard Kelly -- CRESST Research Associate, NASA/GSFC
Phone: +1 (301) 286-7243 E-Mail: bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov Web: http://astrophysics.gsfc.nasa.gov/staff/CVs/Bernard.Kelly/
--
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hi,
If you look in the test.ccl file in the test directory for TwoPunctures you can see that bhns_eval is limited to run on only 1 processor. I guess you tried to run on 2 or more procs.
Cheers,
Peter
On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
Hi all. Another in my history of silly questions ...
I'm trying to run a test suite in the Einstein Toolkit (2012_11) -- specifically, TwoPunctures/test/bhns_eval.par .
I've compiled all the necessary thorns in my ThornList, and can run the suite parameter file fine. *However*, if I try
make whizzbang-testsuite
... TwoPunctures/test/bhns_eval.par does *not* appear in my list of runnable suites. Is there a simple-for-me-to-understand reason for this?
Thanks,
Bernard
-- Bernard Kelly -- CRESST Research Associate, NASA/GSFC
Phone: +1 (301) 286-7243 E-Mail: bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov Web: http://astrophysics.gsfc.nasa.gov/staff/CVs/Bernard.Kelly/
--
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 10:07:41AM -0500, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
... TwoPunctures/test/bhns_eval.par does *not* appear in my list of runnable suites. Is there a simple-for-me-to-understand reason for this?
These testsuites are restricted to 1-processor runs (since the output format depends on the number of processors and the testsuite mechanism currently cannot deal with that). You can see this by looking into TwoPunctures/test/test.ccl.
If you do 'whizzbang-testsuite' and select to run on only one mpi process you should see these as well.
Frank
Ah yes, so it *was* a silly question. Running now on a single processor.
Thanks, Frank & Peter.
Bernard
On 4/3/13 11:14 AM, "Frank Loeffler" knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 10:07:41AM -0500, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
... TwoPunctures/test/bhns_eval.par does *not* appear in my list of runnable suites. Is there a simple-for-me-to-understand reason for this?
These testsuites are restricted to 1-processor runs (since the output format depends on the number of processors and the testsuite mechanism currently cannot deal with that). You can see this by looking into TwoPunctures/test/test.ccl.
If you do 'whizzbang-testsuite' and select to run on only one mpi process you should see these as well.
Frank
On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 10:19:05AM -0500, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
Ah yes, so it *was* a silly question. Running now on a single processor.
It's not silly. We know that we should not need to do this in the first place - a todo item for quite some time.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org