Hi Users,
I am having trouble with the tutorial for new users found here https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Tutorial_for_New_Users
I cannot run a simulation using ./simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile=par/static_tov.par --procs=32 --walltime=8:0:0 as per the tutorial. I get the following error: Parameter file: /home/ettest50/Cactus/par/static_tov.par Error: could not access simulation base directory /scratch/ettest50/simulations for reading and writing Aborting Simfactory.
I notice that someone had the same problem back in 2011, and I created the directory by hand which seemed to be a solution that worked for him, but I keep getting the same error. I also gave it completely open access permissions in case that was the problem.
Can anyone advise me on how to solve this problem?
Kind regards, Chaitanya Shettigara
On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 02:30:42PM +1100, Chaitanya Shettigara wrote:
Parameter file: /home/ettest50/Cactus/par/static_tov.par Error: could not access simulation base directory /scratch/ettest50/simulations for reading and writing Aborting Simfactory.
I notice that someone had the same problem back in 2011, and I created the directory by hand which seemed to be a solution that worked for him,
I almost replied with that advice. :)
but I keep getting the same error.
This is odd.
I also gave it completely open access permissions in case that was the problem.
This should not be necessary. Everything you run uses your account, so as long as you can write there simfactory should be happy.
Can anyone advise me on how to solve this problem?
It's tempting to check again that the directory exists, but only you can do so (/scratch/ettest50 is on drwx------). If it really does exist (/scratch/ettest50/simulations) then you probably have found a bug in simfactory, but an odd one since it seems to work for others.
Can you please send us your simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini file and the output of 'ls -la /scratch/ettest50/simulations' ?
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org