Hi,
I have just added some documentation for the Multipole thorn in EinsteinAnalysis. I checked out the thorn using the GetComponents script, and I notice that apart from my commit, and one from Frank, there is no other history information when I type "svn log". Was the history information discarded when the thorn was imported into SVN, or has GetComponents done some type of checkout which doesn't let me view the full history? The same is true of WeylScal4, in which I can only see commits since March.
Hello Ian,
I have just added some documentation for the Multipole thorn in EinsteinAnalysis. I checked out the thorn using the GetComponents script, and I notice that apart from my commit, and one from Frank, there is no other history information when I type "svn log". Was the history information discarded when the thorn was imported into SVN,
Probably accidentally discarded. The original dump was one repository containing both Multipole and WeylScal4.
or has GetComponents done some type of checkout which doesn't let me view the full history? The same is true of WeylScal4, in which I can only see commits since March.
I am not quite sure anymore but I think the idea was to keep the old history around. The subversion dump with all the old history is still around (in my email archives) so if one has a dump of the current repository one can merge them and produce a single retconned version history out of them. I would think though that this would require all users to create fresh checkouts of the repository since at least the revision numbers change.
Are we still "not released" enough that this is an option?
Yours, Roland
Hi,
On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 10:13:45AM +0200, Ian Hinder wrote:
I have just added some documentation for the Multipole thorn in EinsteinAnalysis. I checked out the thorn using the GetComponents script, and I notice that apart from my commit, and one from Frank, there is no other history information when I type "svn log".
It shows you the log for /trunk which was not there before that time.
You can get a complete log with this:
svn log \ https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/cactus/EinsteinAnalysis/Multipole
Frank
On 4 Jun 2010, at 15:32, Frank Loeffler wrote:
Hi,
On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 10:13:45AM +0200, Ian Hinder wrote:
I have just added some documentation for the Multipole thorn in EinsteinAnalysis. I checked out the thorn using the GetComponents script, and I notice that apart from my commit, and one from Frank, there is no other history information when I type "svn log".
It shows you the log for /trunk which was not there before that time.
You can get a complete log with this:
svn log \ https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/cactus/EinsteinAnalysis/Multipole
Thanks - this seems to work. It's very ugly that the history was not merged into the branch that everyone is going to check out, but I imagine it is too much work to correct this, given that the history is available to those who know SVN wizardry...
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org