Dear Dr. Ronald and Dr. Peter, I have a 4 core laptop, and I am using 'Simfactory' command to run the par file. I have tested both of your suggestions. The addition of "--cores=2 --num-threads=1" gives me the attached error while the "--cores=4 --num-threads=2" option gives, "Error: Too many nodes specified: nodes=2 (maxnodes is 1)
Aborting Simfactory".
Thanks
Best,
KS
On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 11:29 PM users-request@einsteintoolkit.org wrote:
Send Users mailing list submissions to users@einsteintoolkit.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to users-request@einsteintoolkit.org
You can reach the person managing the list at users-owner@einsteintoolkit.org
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Users digest..."
Today's Topics:
- TAT/ Slab Error (KARIMA SHAHZAD)
- Re: TAT/ Slab Error (Peter Diener)
- Agenda for Thursday's Meeting (users@einsteintoolkit.org)
- Re: TAT/ Slab Error (Roland Haas)
Message: 1 Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 17:41:04 +0000 From: KARIMA SHAHZAD 02141911015@student.qau.edu.pk Subject: [Users] TAT/ Slab Error To: "users@einsteintoolkit.org" users@einsteintoolkit.org Message-ID: < DB7PR07MB5435B609DAF0209B60980C8E8CA40@DB7PR07MB5435.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello there,
Here is the error attached I encountered while evolving black holes binary. The work-around I guess is to increase the number of processes (if I am not wrong), but I am not quite sure how to do that. I need some help to get around this issue.
Thanks in advance
Best regards, KS
Hello Karima,
summarizing the discussion in the call today:
* for --cores 4 --num-threads 2 the issue is that simulation factory counts only "physical" cores while the OS reports "logical" cores including the hyperthreading which we originally chose to ignore
* for the other error --cores 2 --num-threads 1 "The domain size for map 0 scaled for convergence level 0 with convergence factor 2 is not integer" would seem to be that the coarse grid spacing "dx" does not evenly divide the grid size xmax - xmin. If the grid spacing is indeed correct, as you indicated in the call, then best would be to provide the exact parameter file that you ran.
Yours, Roland
Dear Dr. Ronald and Dr. Peter, I have a 4 core laptop, and I am using 'Simfactory' command to run the par file. I have tested both of your suggestions. The addition of "--cores=2 --num-threads=1" gives me the attached error while the "--cores=4 --num-threads=2" option gives, "Error: Too many nodes specified: nodes=2 (maxnodes is 1)
Aborting Simfactory".
Thanks
Best,
KS
On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 11:29 PM users-request@einsteintoolkit.org wrote:
Send Users mailing list submissions to users@einsteintoolkit.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinf... or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to users-request@einsteintoolkit.org
You can reach the person managing the list at users-owner@einsteintoolkit.org
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Users digest..."
Today's Topics:
- TAT/ Slab Error (KARIMA SHAHZAD)
- Re: TAT/ Slab Error (Peter Diener)
- Agenda for Thursday's Meeting (users@einsteintoolkit.org)
- Re: TAT/ Slab Error (Roland Haas)
Message: 1 Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 17:41:04 +0000 From: KARIMA SHAHZAD 02141911015@student.qau.edu.pk Subject: [Users] TAT/ Slab Error To: "users@einsteintoolkit.org" users@einsteintoolkit.org Message-ID: < DB7PR07MB5435B609DAF0209B60980C8E8CA40@DB7PR07MB5435.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello there,
Here is the error attached I encountered while evolving black holes binary. The work-around I guess is to increase the number of processes (if I am not wrong), but I am not quite sure how to do that. I need some help to get around this issue.
Thanks in advance
Best regards, KS
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org