On 10/11/17 22:34, Hamilton, Maria wrote:
Hello Eloisa,
This is strange. I did do a fresh checkout and tried to compile it with the osx-homebrew.cfg but I am getting this error:
checking for M_PI... no configure: error: M_PI not defined. Try adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE to CPPFLAGS.
I added the flag to CPPFLAGS, I even added a new flag FDBITSFLAGS="-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 which I found on the internet, but the same error persisted.
I am running Cactus on a Mac Laptop, OSX High Sierra and recommended brewed packages including gcc 7.2.0
Please let me know how to fix it.
Dear Maria,
if you're following a tutorial (say, the one at https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_Tutorial_for_New_Users), please open a ticket to report which set of instructions do not work on your system.
For instance, are you using Simfactory? Where exactly did you modify CPPFLAGS?
Best, Eloisa
Hello all,
Maria has already created a ticket: https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2084
Yours, Roland
On 10/11/17 22:34, Hamilton, Maria wrote:
Hello Eloisa,
This is strange. I did do a fresh checkout and tried to compile it with the osx-homebrew.cfg but I am getting this error:
checking for M_PI... no configure: error: M_PI not defined. Try adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE to CPPFLAGS.
I added the flag to CPPFLAGS, I even added a new flag FDBITSFLAGS="-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 which I found on the internet, but the same error persisted.
I am running Cactus on a Mac Laptop, OSX High Sierra and recommended brewed packages including gcc 7.2.0
Please let me know how to fix it.
Dear Maria,
if you're following a tutorial (say, the one at https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_Tutorial_for_New_Users), please open a ticket to report which set of instructions do not work on your system.
For instance, are you using Simfactory? Where exactly did you modify CPPFLAGS?
Best, Eloisa _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On 13/11/17 16:02, Roland Haas wrote:
Hello all,
Maria has already created a ticket: https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2084
True, but this is a separate issue (not with Vectors but with the configuration stage on a clean checkout, it seems).
My suspicion is that the homebrew instructions in the tutorial may have become outdated, and that we need to add some options to make sure the math libs are installed, and found at configure time.
Unfortunately I use neither High Sierra nor Homebrew, so I have no way to check myself.
Eloisa
Hello,
Yes, previously I had the error in thorns Vectors, and I followed the suggestion to use the current stable version of Cactus.
I am not using simfactory, but this command: make ET-config options=simfactory/mdb/optionlists/osx-homebrew.cfg THORNLIST=thornlists/einsteintoolkit.th
The error is: checking for M_PI... no configure: error: M_PI not defined. Try adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE to CPPFLAGS.
Here is what I tried to add to CPPFLAGS: -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DM_PI = 3.14149265358979323847
I also tried to change c11 to c99 at CFLAGS and add -stdlib=libc++ at LIBCXX.
None of those worked.
Please let me know what is to be done.
Thanks, Maria
_______________________ Dr. Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton Department of Physics Marshall University S257 Science Building Huntington, WV, 25755 Phone: (304)696-2754 https://works.bepress.com/maria_babiuc-hamilton/
________________________________________ From: users-bounces@einsteintoolkit.org users-bounces@einsteintoolkit.org on behalf of Eloisa Bentivegna eloisa.bentivegna@ct.infn.it Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 1:51 PM To: users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] Error in thorn Vectors
On 13/11/17 16:02, Roland Haas wrote:
Hello all,
Maria has already created a ticket: https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2084
True, but this is a separate issue (not with Vectors but with the configuration stage on a clean checkout, it seems).
My suspicion is that the homebrew instructions in the tutorial may have become outdated, and that we need to add some options to make sure the math libs are installed, and found at configure time.
Unfortunately I use neither High Sierra nor Homebrew, so I have no way to check myself.
Eloisa _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On 14 Nov 2017, at 01:12, Hamilton, Maria babiuc@marshall.edu wrote:
Hello,
Yes, previously I had the error in thorns Vectors, and I followed the suggestion to use the current stable version of Cactus.
I am not using simfactory, but this command: make ET-config options=simfactory/mdb/optionlists/osx-homebrew.cfg THORNLIST=thornlists/einsteintoolkit.th
The error is: checking for M_PI... no configure: error: M_PI not defined. Try adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE to CPPFLAGS.
Here is what I tried to add to CPPFLAGS: -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DM_PI = 3.14149265358979323847
I also tried to change c11 to c99 at CFLAGS and add -stdlib=libc++ at LIBCXX.
None of those worked.
Please let me know what is to be done.
Hi Maria,
Have you installed all the homebrew packages listed at the top of osx-homebrew.cfg?
?Ian,
Yes, all packages are installed. I am attaching the list of brewed packages.
However, when I test them, gcc and open-mpi are failing.
Here is the error:?
brew test gcc Testing gcc ==> /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/bin/gcc-7 -o hello-c hello-c.c ==> /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/bin/g++-7 -o hello-cc hello-cc.cc Last 15 lines from /Users/babiuc/Library/Logs/Homebrew/gcc/test.02.g++-7: hello-cc.cc
In file included from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/ext/string_conversions.h:41:0, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/bits/basic_string.h:6159, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/string:52, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/bits/locale_classes.h:40, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/bits/ios_base.h:41, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/ios:42, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/ostream:38, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/iostream:39, from hello-cc.cc:1: /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/cstdlib:75:15: fatal error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory #include_next <stdlib.h> ^~~~~~~~~~ compilation terminated. Error: gcc: failed
brew test open-mpi Testing open-mpi ==> /usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/3.0.0/bin/mpicc hello.c -o hello ==> ./hello ==> /usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/3.0.0/bin/mpirun -np 4 ./hello Last 15 lines from /Users/babiuc/Library/Logs/Homebrew/open-mpi/test.03.mpirun: 2017-11-14 11:04:49 -0500
/usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/3.0.0/bin/mpirun -np 4 ./hello
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- There are not enough slots available in the system to satisfy the 4 slots that were requested by the application: ./hello
Either request fewer slots for your application, or make more slots available for use. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: open-mpi: failed Failed executing: /usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/3.0.0/bin/mpirun -np 4 ./hello
I am reinstalling them now, and test them again.
_______________________ Dr. Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton Department of Physics Marshall University S257 Science Building Huntington, WV, 25755 Phone: (304)696-2754 https://works.bepress.com/maria_babiuc-hamilton/ ________________________________ From: Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:41 AM To: Hamilton, Maria Cc: Eloisa Bentivegna; Einstein Toolkit Users Subject: Re: [Users] Error in thorn Vectors
On 14 Nov 2017, at 01:12, Hamilton, Maria <babiuc@marshall.edumailto:babiuc@marshall.edu> wrote:
Hello,
Yes, previously I had the error in thorns Vectors, and I followed the suggestion to use the current stable version of Cactus.
I am not using simfactory, but this command: make ET-config options=simfactory/mdb/optionlists/osx-homebrew.cfg THORNLIST=thornlists/einsteintoolkit.thhttp://einsteintoolkit.th
The error is: checking for M_PI... no configure: error: M_PI not defined. Try adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE to CPPFLAGS.
Here is what I tried to add to CPPFLAGS: -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DM_PI = 3.14149265358979323847
I also tried to change c11 to c99 at CFLAGS and add -stdlib=libc++ at LIBCXX.
None of those worked.
Please let me know what is to be done.
Hi Maria,
Have you installed all the homebrew packages listed at the top of osx-homebrew.cfg?
-- Ian Hinder http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin
Hello,
I got it to compile on High-Sierra with homebrewed gcc-8, after I reinstalled Xcode CLT and gcc.
The unavailability of the CLT might have been due to an access configuration reset by the new operating system.
Maria
_______________________ Dr. Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton Department of Physics Marshall University S257 Science Building Huntington, WV, 25755 Phone: (304)696-2754 https://works.bepress.com/maria_babiuc-hamilton/ ________________________________ From: users-bounces@einsteintoolkit.org users-bounces@einsteintoolkit.org on behalf of Hamilton, Maria babiuc@marshall.edu Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:20 AM To: Ian Hinder Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] Error in thorn Vectors
Ian,
Yes, all packages are installed. I am attaching the list of brewed packages.
However, when I test them, gcc and open-mpi are failing.
Here is the error:
brew test gcc Testing gcc ==> /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/bin/gcc-7 -o hello-c hello-c.c ==> /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/bin/g++-7 -o hello-cc hello-cc.cc Last 15 lines from /Users/babiuc/Library/Logs/Homebrew/gcc/test.02.g++-7: hello-cc.cc
In file included from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/ext/string_conversions.h:41:0, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/bits/basic_string.h:6159, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/string:52, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/bits/locale_classes.h:40, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/bits/ios_base.h:41, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/ios:42, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/ostream:38, from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/iostream:39, from hello-cc.cc:1: /usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/include/c++/7.2.0/cstdlib:75:15: fatal error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory #include_next <stdlib.h> ^~~~~~~~~~ compilation terminated. Error: gcc: failed
brew test open-mpi Testing open-mpi ==> /usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/3.0.0/bin/mpicc hello.c -o hello ==> ./hello ==> /usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/3.0.0/bin/mpirun -np 4 ./hello Last 15 lines from /Users/babiuc/Library/Logs/Homebrew/open-mpi/test.03.mpirun: 2017-11-14 11:04:49 -0500
/usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/3.0.0/bin/mpirun -np 4 ./hello
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- There are not enough slots available in the system to satisfy the 4 slots that were requested by the application: ./hello
Either request fewer slots for your application, or make more slots available for use. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: open-mpi: failed Failed executing: /usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/3.0.0/bin/mpirun -np 4 ./hello
I am reinstalling them now, and test them again.
_______________________ Dr. Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton Department of Physics Marshall University S257 Science Building Huntington, WV, 25755 Phone: (304)696-2754 https://works.bepress.com/maria_babiuc-hamilton/ ________________________________ From: Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:41 AM To: Hamilton, Maria Cc: Eloisa Bentivegna; Einstein Toolkit Users Subject: Re: [Users] Error in thorn Vectors
On 14 Nov 2017, at 01:12, Hamilton, Maria <babiuc@marshall.edumailto:babiuc@marshall.edu> wrote:
Hello,
Yes, previously I had the error in thorns Vectors, and I followed the suggestion to use the current stable version of Cactus.
I am not using simfactory, but this command: make ET-config options=simfactory/mdb/optionlists/osx-homebrew.cfg THORNLIST=thornlists/einsteintoolkit.thhttp://einsteintoolkit.th
The error is: checking for M_PI... no configure: error: M_PI not defined. Try adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE to CPPFLAGS.
Here is what I tried to add to CPPFLAGS: -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DM_PI = 3.14149265358979323847
I also tried to change c11 to c99 at CFLAGS and add -stdlib=libc++ at LIBCXX.
None of those worked.
Please let me know what is to be done.
Hi Maria,
Have you installed all the homebrew packages listed at the top of osx-homebrew.cfg?
-- Ian Hinder http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org