Hello,
I'm trying to install and configure the EinsteinToolkit on my computer (I'm working on Centos). I'm following the tutorial at https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTut... .
I got the following error during the "Building" phase:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmpi_usempif08 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmpi_usempi_ignore_tkr collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [/home/traversi/Cactus/exe/cactus_sim] Error 1 make: *** [sim] Error 2
Could you help me to fix the problem, please?
Thank you very much,
Silvia
Can you tell us (1) the name of the machine you're on? (2) what your build command looked like?
--Steve
On 12/7/18 3:59 AM, Silvia Traversi wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to install and configure the EinsteinToolkit on my computer (I'm working on Centos). I'm following the tutorial at https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTut....
I got the following error during the "Building" phase:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmpi_usempif08 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmpi_usempi_ignore_tkr collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [/home/traversi/Cactus/exe/cactus_sim] Error 1 make: *** [sim] Error 2
Could you help me to fix the problem, please?
Thank you very much,
Silvia
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello all,
I have seen errors like this when Cactus had to self-compile MPI.
The script arrangements/ExternalLibraries/MPI/src/detect.pl hard-codes the MPI libraries to be "mpi_usempif08 mpi_usempi_ignore_tkr mpi_mpifh" which are correct for a compiler that supports fortran 2008 (basically all I know of) but if one encountered one that (eg due to compiler options used) only supported fortran 90 then the linker libraries will change names.
I would suggest looking into
configs/sim/scratch/external/MPI/libs/
and then modify the script arrangements/ExternalLibraries/MPI/src/detect.pl to use those libraries (it is not enough to set MPI_LIBS in your optionlist is not enough since the script ignores it).
Though the best solution is probably to install an MPI stack eg libopenmpi-dev on Ubuntu / Debian (and possibly Fedora) based machines.
Yours, Roland
Can you tell us (1) the name of the machine you're on? (2) what your build command looked like?
--Steve
On 12/7/18 3:59 AM, Silvia Traversi wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to install and configure the EinsteinToolkit on my computer > (I'm working on Centos). I'm following the tutorial at > https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTut....
I got the following error during the "Building" phase:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmpi_usempif08 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmpi_usempi_ignore_tkr collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [/home/traversi/Cactus/exe/cactus_sim] Error 1 make: *** [sim] Error 2
Could you help me to fix the problem, please?
Thank you very much,
Silvia
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org