Hello,
I've been following the download instructions as given on this page - https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTut... to install the Einstein Toolkit on fedora.
However, when I attempt running the command to build the toolkit -
./simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j2' --thornlist ../einsteintoolkit.th | cat
I get the following compilation error:
../../libtool: line 6000: cd: NO_BUILD/lib: No such file or directory libtool: link: cannot determine absolute directory name of `NO_BUILD/lib' make[6]: *** [Makefile:1584: libasm.la] Error 1 make[5]: *** [Makefile:2153: all-recursive] Error 1 make[4]: *** [Makefile:1702: all-recursive] Error 1 Died at /root/Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries/MPI/src/build.pl line 74. make[3]: *** [/root/Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries/MPI/src/make.code.deps:9: /root/Cactus/configs/sim/scratch/done/MPI] Error 17 make[2]: *** [/root/Cactus/lib/make/make.thornlib:113: make.checked] Error 2 make[1]: *** [/root/Cactus/lib/make/make.configuration:181: /root/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_MPI.a] Error 2 make: *** [Makefile:260: sim] Error 2
How do I fix this and successfully install and run the Einstein Toolkit?
Thanks, Sumedha Biswas
Hello Sumedha,
sorry for the late response.
It seems there may be information missing in our tutorial.
Steve Brandt, who is also using Fedora, has seen errors like the one you describe when Cactus tried to build its own MPI rather than using the system MPI.
Since you are using Fedora, my guess is that you need to run
module load mpi/openmpi-x86_64
before you run simfactory/bin/sim build
the exact name of the module to load can be found in the output of "module avail".
Yours, Roland
Hello,
I've been following the download instructions as given on this page - https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTut... to install the Einstein Toolkit on fedora.
However, when I attempt running the command to build the toolkit -
./simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j2' --thornlist ../einsteintoolkit.th | cat
I get the following compilation error:
../../libtool: line 6000: cd: NO_BUILD/lib: No such file or directory libtool: link: cannot determine absolute directory name of `NO_BUILD/lib' make[6]: *** [Makefile:1584: libasm.la] Error 1 make[5]: *** [Makefile:2153: all-recursive] Error 1 make[4]: *** [Makefile:1702: all-recursive] Error 1 Died at /root/Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries/MPI/src/build.pl line 74. make[3]: *** [/root/Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries/MPI/src/make.code.deps:9: /root/Cactus/configs/sim/scratch/done/MPI] Error 17 make[2]: *** [/root/Cactus/lib/make/make.thornlib:113: make.checked] Error 2 make[1]: *** [/root/Cactus/lib/make/make.configuration:181: /root/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_MPI.a] Error 2 make: *** [Makefile:260: sim] Error 2
How do I fix this and successfully install and run the Einstein Toolkit?
Thanks, Sumedha Biswas
Hello Sumedha,
adding module load mpi/openmpi-x86_64 fixed the issue for me.
I will update the tutorial to include this information.
Yours, Roland
Hello Sumedha,
sorry for the late response.
It seems there may be information missing in our tutorial.
Steve Brandt, who is also using Fedora, has seen errors like the one you describe when Cactus tried to build its own MPI rather than using the system MPI.
Since you are using Fedora, my guess is that you need to run
module load mpi/openmpi-x86_64
before you run simfactory/bin/sim build
the exact name of the module to load can be found in the output of "module avail".
Yours, Roland
Hello,
I've been following the download instructions as given on this page - https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTut... to install the Einstein Toolkit on fedora.
However, when I attempt running the command to build the toolkit -
./simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j2' --thornlist ../einsteintoolkit.th | cat
I get the following compilation error:
../../libtool: line 6000: cd: NO_BUILD/lib: No such file or directory libtool: link: cannot determine absolute directory name of `NO_BUILD/lib' make[6]: *** [Makefile:1584: libasm.la] Error 1 make[5]: *** [Makefile:2153: all-recursive] Error 1 make[4]: *** [Makefile:1702: all-recursive] Error 1 Died at /root/Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries/MPI/src/build.pl line 74. make[3]: *** [/root/Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries/MPI/src/make.code.deps:9: /root/Cactus/configs/sim/scratch/done/MPI] Error 17 make[2]: *** [/root/Cactus/lib/make/make.thornlib:113: make.checked] Error 2 make[1]: *** [/root/Cactus/lib/make/make.configuration:181: /root/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_MPI.a] Error 2 make: *** [Makefile:260: sim] Error 2
How do I fix this and successfully install and run the Einstein Toolkit?
Thanks, Sumedha Biswas
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org