Dear whom it may concern,
I tried to run a binary neutron star merge simulation with Einsteintoolkit on the workbench . And I mainly followed the tutorial (CactusTutorial.ipynbhttps://siygc9-jupyteret-8888.einsteintoolkit.nationaldataservice.org/notebooks/work/CactusTutorial.ipynb) and only changed the version of Einsteintoolkit from ET_2017_06 to ET_2018_02 in order to get the thorn NSTracker which is mentioned in https://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/index.html. However after I executed the code with the command:
./simfactory/bin/sim create-run nsns_test --parfile=par/nsnstohmns.par --procs=5 --num-threads=1 --ppn-used=5 --walltime=0:5:0 I got an error as the attached file that thorn NSTracker can not be found.
What step did I make mistake and how can I solve it ?
Best regards,
Chia-Hui
[cid:5fe1a397-47ad-4dfe-8360-37f534285d2d]
Hello Chia-Hui,
thorn NSTracker is not included in any Einstein Toolkit release.
You need to use the thorn list nsnstohms.th provided on the gallery page to download it. Ie:
./GetComponents http://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/nsnstohmns.th
after which you should recompile using the thorn list in simfactory:
cd Cactus simfactory/bin/sim build --thornslist thornlists/nsnstohmns.th
Since you are not the first one to run into this issue, I will update the gallery page to make this explicit.
Yours, Roland
Dear whom it may concern,
I tried to run a binary neutron star merge simulation with Einsteintoolkit on the workbench . And I mainly followed the tutorial (CactusTutorial.ipynbhttps://siygc9-jupyteret-8888.einsteintoolkit.nationaldataservice.org/notebooks/work/CactusTutorial.ipynb) and only changed the version of Einsteintoolkit from ET_2017_06 to ET_2018_02 in order to get the thorn NSTracker which is mentioned in https://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/index.html. However after I executed the code with the command:
./simfactory/bin/sim create-run nsns_test --parfile=par/nsnstohmns.par --procs=5 --num-threads=1 --ppn-used=5 --walltime=0:5:0 I got an error as the attached file that thorn NSTracker can not be found.
What step did I make mistake and how can I solve it ?
Best regards,
Chia-Hui
[cid:5fe1a397-47ad-4dfe-8360-37f534285d2d]
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org