Hello
I have problems compiling the thorn EOS_Omni with an intel compiler and mpich2. If I use an externally installed hdf5, then the compilation chokes with the error: Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90(5): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [HDF5] use hdf5 ------^ If I let hdf5 be built internally, then the compilation goes almost to the end, and quits with the errors: /Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/lib/libthorn_EOS_Omni.a(readtable.F90.o): In function `nuc_eos_readtable_': /home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90:(.text+0x32): undefined reference to `h5lib_mp_h5open_f_' Do I need extra flags?
Maria
Maria
You say that you build HDF5 "internally". Does this mean that you specify "HDF5=BUILD" in your option list? Which HDF5 thorn are you using? Do you omit the HDF5=yes specification in your option list?
-erik
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria babiuc@marshall.edu wrote:
Hello
I have problems compiling the thorn EOS_Omni with an intel compiler and mpich2. If I use an externally installed hdf5, then the compilation chokes with the error: Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90(5): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [HDF5] use hdf5 ------^ If I let hdf5 be built internally, then the compilation goes almost to the end, and quits with the errors: /Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/lib/libthorn_EOS_Omni.a(readtable.F90.o): In function `nuc_eos_readtable_': /home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90:(.text+0x32): undefined reference to `h5lib_mp_h5open_f_' Do I need extra flags?
Maria _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hi Maria:
Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria wrote:
Hello
I have problems compiling the thorn EOS_Omni with an intel compiler and mpich2. If I use an externally installed hdf5, then the compilation chokes with the error: Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90(5): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [HDF5] use hdf5 ------^
Either your externally installed hdf5 library wasn't compiled to enable fortran or its path wasn't properly set in your config file. In my system this module is at:
/opt/hdf5-1.8.5/include
so I set in my config file the following (if I don't want to build the library):
HDF5=yes HDF5_DIR=/opt/hdf5-1.8.5
If I let hdf5 be built internally, then the compilation goes almost to the end, and quits with the errors: /Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/lib/libthorn_EOS_Omni.a(readtable.F90.o): In function `nuc_eos_readtable_': /home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90:(.text+0x32): undefined reference to `h5lib_mp_h5open_f_' Do I need extra flags?
Did you start with a clean config setting to build the hdf5 library? Like the following:
#HDF5=yes #HDF5_DIR=/opt/hdf5-1.8.5 HDF5_DIR=BUILD
If you don't set it to BUILD and your external library is installed in the usual paths such as /usr/local, etc... then it won't build your library. So it is important that you force it to build by setting HDF5_DIR=BUILD and start from a clean config.
I hope it helps a bit.
Cheers, Bruno.
Maria _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Bruno Coutinho Mundim bcmsma@astro.rit.edu wrote:
Hi Maria:
Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria wrote:
Hello
I have problems compiling the thorn EOS_Omni with an intel compiler and mpich2. If I use an externally installed hdf5, then the compilation chokes with the error: Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90(5): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [HDF5] use hdf5 ------^
Either your externally installed hdf5 library wasn't compiled to enable fortran or its path wasn't properly set in your config file. In my system this module is at:
/opt/hdf5-1.8.5/include
so I set in my config file the following (if I don't want to build the library):
HDF5=yes HDF5_DIR=/opt/hdf5-1.8.5
If I let hdf5 be built internally, then the compilation goes almost to the end, and quits with the errors: /Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/lib/libthorn_EOS_Omni.a(readtable.F90.o): In function `nuc_eos_readtable_': /home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90:(.text+0x32): undefined reference to `h5lib_mp_h5open_f_' Do I need extra flags?
Did you start with a clean config setting to build the hdf5 library? Like the following:
#HDF5=yes #HDF5_DIR=/opt/hdf5-1.8.5 HDF5_DIR=BUILD
If you don't set it to BUILD and your external library is installed in the usual paths such as /usr/local, etc... then it won't build your library. So it is important that you force it to build by setting HDF5_DIR=BUILD and start from a clean config.
I hope it helps a bit.
As Bruno's example shows, you should omit the HDF5=yes option. This may pick up a different version of the HDF5 library which has no Fortran support.
If this does not help, can you then post the output of "make einsteintoolkit SILENT=no" somewhere, e.g. into a bug report? There will likely be a lot of output, but it would help us determine whether the linker is looking for the right HDF5 library.
-erik
This makes sense. I'll try. Thank you!
Maria Babiuc-Hamilton, Assistant Professor
On Mar 2, 2011, at 5:07 PM, "Erik Schnetter" schnetter@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Bruno Coutinho Mundim bcmsma@astro.rit.edu wrote:
Hi Maria:
Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria wrote:
Hello
I have problems compiling the thorn EOS_Omni with an intel compiler and mpich2. If I use an externally installed hdf5, then the compilation chokes with the error: Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90(5): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [HDF5] use hdf5 ------^
Either your externally installed hdf5 library wasn't compiled to enable fortran or its path wasn't properly set in your config file. In my system this module is at:
/opt/hdf5-1.8.5/include
so I set in my config file the following (if I don't want to build the library):
HDF5=yes HDF5_DIR=/opt/hdf5-1.8.5
If I let hdf5 be built internally, then the compilation goes almost to the end, and quits with the errors: /Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/lib/libthorn_EOS_Omni.a(readtable.F90.o): In function `nuc_eos_readtable_': /home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90:(.text+0x32): undefined reference to `h5lib_mp_h5open_f_' Do I need extra flags?
Did you start with a clean config setting to build the hdf5 library? Like the following:
#HDF5=yes #HDF5_DIR=/opt/hdf5-1.8.5 HDF5_DIR=BUILD
If you don't set it to BUILD and your external library is installed in the usual paths such as /usr/local, etc... then it won't build your library. So it is important that you force it to build by setting HDF5_DIR=BUILD and start from a clean config.
I hope it helps a bit.
As Bruno's example shows, you should omit the HDF5=yes option. This may pick up a different version of the HDF5 library which has no Fortran support.
If this does not help, can you then post the output of "make einsteintoolkit SILENT=no" somewhere, e.g. into a bug report? There will likely be a lot of output, but it would help us determine whether the linker is looking for the right HDF5 library.
-erik
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org