When attempting to build a simulation (in fedora), I encounter an undefined reference error pertaining to MPI. I have installed mpich2 and mpich2-devel both automatically with yum -y as suggested in the notation; as well as manually after this error. Any suggestions?
Creating cactus_Test in /home/joshua/Cactus/exe from CactusBase/Boundary CactusBase/CartGrid3D CactusBase/CoordBase CactusConnect/HTTPD CactusConnect/HTTPDExtra CactusWave/IDScalarWaveC CactusBase/IOASCII CactusBase/IOBasic CactusIO/IOJpeg CactusBase/IOUtil CactusPUGHIO/IsoSurfacer CactusBase/LocalReduce CactusPUGH/PUGH CactusPUGH/PUGHReduce CactusPUGH/PUGHSlab CactusConnect/Socket CactusBase/SymBase CactusBase/Time CactusWave/WaveBinarySource CactusWave/WaveToyC ExternalLibraries/libjpeg /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trid' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trvalid' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_env2int' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trrealloc' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trspace' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trDebugLevel' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_TrSetMaxMem' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trlevel' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trmalloc' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_env2bool' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_env2range' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trcalloc' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trfree' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_env2str' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trstrdup' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trdump' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trinit' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I forgot to mention I am using an x86_64 intel running fedora 15, and compiling with gcc version 4.6. Is it possible that gcc is blocking access to the complete mpi library?
Quoting jhar131@cct.lsu.edu:
When attempting to build a simulation (in fedora), I encounter an undefined reference error pertaining to MPI. I have installed mpich2 and mpich2-devel both automatically with yum -y as suggested in the notation; as well as manually after this error. Any suggestions?
Creating cactus_Test in /home/joshua/Cactus/exe from CactusBase/Boundary CactusBase/CartGrid3D CactusBase/CoordBase CactusConnect/HTTPD CactusConnect/HTTPDExtra CactusWave/IDScalarWaveC CactusBase/IOASCII CactusBase/IOBasic CactusIO/IOJpeg CactusBase/IOUtil CactusPUGHIO/IsoSurfacer CactusBase/LocalReduce CactusPUGH/PUGH CactusPUGH/PUGHReduce CactusPUGH/PUGHSlab CactusConnect/Socket CactusBase/SymBase CactusBase/Time CactusWave/WaveBinarySource CactusWave/WaveToyC ExternalLibraries/libjpeg /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trid' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trvalid' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_env2int' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trrealloc' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trspace' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trDebugLevel' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_TrSetMaxMem' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trlevel' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trmalloc' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_env2bool' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_env2range' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trcalloc' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trfree' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_env2str' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trstrdup' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trdump' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trinit' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 05:10:35PM -0500, jhar131@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
When attempting to build a simulation (in fedora), I encounter an undefined reference error pertaining to MPI. I have installed mpich2 and mpich2-devel both automatically with yum -y as suggested in the notation; as well as manually after this error. Any suggestions?
It could be that this is an mpich problem, at least the following thread suggests this:
http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/mpich-discuss/2010-November/008463.html
Frank
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 6:10 PM, jhar131@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
When attempting to build a simulation (in fedora), I encounter an undefined reference error pertaining to MPI. I have installed mpich2 and mpich2-devel both automatically with yum -y as suggested in the notation; as well as manually after this error. Any suggestions?
As a work-around you can try a different MPI implementation. In particular, OpenMPI is another good choice.
-erik
I would just like to report that the same problem also happens when using mpich2 (1.4-1) as packaged by Kubuntu 11.10. This linking errors didn't happen to mpich2 in Kubuntu 9.10.
Cheers, Bruno.
On 06/16/2011 06:10 PM, jhar131@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
When attempting to build a simulation (in fedora), I encounter an undefined reference error pertaining to MPI. I have installed mpich2 and mpich2-devel both automatically with yum -y as suggested in the notation; as well as manually after this error. Any suggestions?
Creating cactus_Test in /home/joshua/Cactus/exe from CactusBase/Boundary CactusBase/CartGrid3D CactusBase/CoordBase CactusConnect/HTTPD CactusConnect/HTTPDExtra CactusWave/IDScalarWaveC CactusBase/IOASCII CactusBase/IOBasic CactusIO/IOJpeg CactusBase/IOUtil CactusPUGHIO/IsoSurfacer CactusBase/LocalReduce CactusPUGH/PUGH CactusPUGH/PUGHReduce CactusPUGH/PUGHSlab CactusConnect/Socket CactusBase/SymBase CactusBase/Time CactusWave/WaveBinarySource CactusWave/WaveToyC ExternalLibraries/libjpeg /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trid' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trvalid' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_env2int' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trrealloc' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trspace' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trDebugLevel' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_TrSetMaxMem' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trlevel' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trmalloc' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_env2bool' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_env2range' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trcalloc' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trfree' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_env2str' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trstrdup' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trdump' /usr/lib64/mpich2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trinit' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 11:05:19PM -0500, Bruno C. Mundim wrote:
I would just like to report that the same problem also happens when using mpich2 (1.4-1) as packaged by Kubuntu 11.10. This linking errors didn't happen to mpich2 in Kubuntu 9.10.
The fedora 15 problem sounds suspiciously like
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=732926
This might be caused by --if-needed which is a general option and might affect Ubuntu as well, in which case they might have released an update as well.
Frank
On 12/18/2011 11:20 PM, Frank Loeffler wrote:
On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 11:05:19PM -0500, Bruno C. Mundim wrote:
I would just like to report that the same problem also happens when using mpich2 (1.4-1) as packaged by Kubuntu 11.10. This linking errors didn't happen to mpich2 in Kubuntu 9.10.
The fedora 15 problem sounds suspiciously like
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=732926
This might be caused by --if-needed which is a general option and might affect Ubuntu as well, in which case they might have released an update as well.
Frank
I doubt there is an update available for Kubuntu since my installation is quite new and Canonical doesn't support that package directly.
Cheers, Bruno.
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org