----- Forwarded message from "Christian D. Ott" cott@tapir.caltech.edu -----
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:43:00 -0700 From: "Christian D. Ott" cott@tapir.caltech.edu To: Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu Subject: Re: [Users] GRHydro: explicit evolution of the electron fraction
Hi Frank,
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 02:35:27PM -0500, Frank Loeffler wrote:
I don't object, assuming that this can be disabled, and is by default.
As to the timing: please wait with this change until after the next release of the ET (which should happen soonish)?
MHD is currently under heavy development. Is this really the time for a release?
Sorry that I could not join today's call. I was on an airplane.
- Christian
----- End forwarded message -----
Hi,
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 12:43:16PM -0700, Christian D. Ott wrote:
MHD is currently under heavy development. Is this really the time for a release?
As far as I understood, the MHD development is completely disabled by default. It will be released with everything else, but it should be made clear that this is not yet ready for anything else than development. If this is correct (which will be tested), I don't see a problem with a release. I agree that this is not the ideal situation, but a compromise. We don't want to have long freeze times, we want to have the newest development readily available, but we want to have frequent releases as well. It is my hope that this will be different for the first release next year.
Frank
Hi Frank,
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 05:25:30PM -0500, Frank Loeffler wrote:
As far as I understood, the MHD development is completely disabled by default. It will be released with everything else, but it should be made clear that this is not yet ready for anything else than development. If this is correct (which will be tested), I don't see a problem with a release. I agree that this is not the ideal situation, but a compromise. We don't want to have long freeze times, we want to have the newest development readily available, but we want to have frequent releases as well. It is my hope that this will be different for the first release next year.
I am doing the y_e advection in the same way -- previous code on tracer evolution remains untouched and Y_e advection is activated via parameters.
I would really like to have this feature already in the next release. I already have y_e advection coded and am debugging it right now. I expect to have it working very soon.
- Christian
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org