On 25/11/11 4:58 AM, Einstein Toolkit wrote:
> #677: parameter default change in CarpetIOASCII
> ----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
> Reporter: baiotti@… | Owner: eschnett
> Type: enhancement | Status: new
> Priority: optional | Milestone:
> Component: Carpet | Version:
> Resolution: | Keywords: CaroetIOASCII parameter default
> ----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
>
> Comment (by eschnett):
>
> A quick note: If a parameter is deprecated, it should not be used if
> possible, and consequently its default should not be changed either.
I think that no one uses 3D ASCII output, so those two (of the four)
parameters are irrelevant, but in general I don't agree. Unless a
parameter has no effect in the code, a default may be better than
another, even if the parameter is deprecated.
In the specific case, the proposed default is better. By the way, why
were the parameters deprecated (again no one uses those two parameters
anyway I believe)?
Luca