Hello! I've just started using the Einstein toolkit and I'm new to the
whole cactus and thorn way of compiling code, so forgive me if these
questions seem stupid.
I downloaded the code onto my laptop and followed the new users Jupyter
notebook instructions to compile it, and it worked like a charm. I then
downloaded the code to my University's compute cluster to try and run some
of the test problems.
When compiling, at the very end, I get an error about DSO not being found.
As far as I can tell from Google, this is a linker error where the proper
library (libnuma, it appears) has not been correctly linked. I was just
wondering if this is the case and, if so, where I tell the code which
libraries to link? I'm used to more traditional makefiles, so I was unsure
where this sort of thing should go.
The relevant part of the error message is as follows:
1 /usr/bin/ld: /path/to/einsteintoolkit/Cactus/con
figs/sim/scratch/external/hwloc/lib/libhwloc.a(topology-linux.o): undefined
refe rence to symbol 'mbind@@libnuma_1.1'
2 //usr/lib64/libnuma.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from
command line
3 collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
I just went with the default ./simfactory/bin/sim setup-silent
So I'm not sure if that needs to change (since I saw there are versions for
other clusters).
Thank you!
Sincerely,
-Jared