Hello,
I’m a new user of ETK and trying to follow the tutorial to set up Cactus. I ran into this problem building Cactus and hope you could help me resolve it. Here is the commend I’m stuck at:
%cd $cactus_dir
!time ./simfactory/bin/sim build -j2 --thornlist=thornlists/einsteintoolkit.th<http://einsteintoolkit.th>
Where I got an error message at the end:
checking whether the C compiler (gcc-mp-7 -g -std=c11 -lgfortran) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables (see configs/<configname>/config-data/config.log for details).
Error reconfiguring sim-config
make: *** [sim-config] Error 2
I’m attaching the config, log file here. Could you suggest what I should do to fix this? Thank you so much!!
Best,
Shanshan Rodriguez
——————————————————————
Shanshan Rodriguez
Assistant Professor of Physics
1034 Noyce Science Center
Department of Physics
Grinnell College
Grinnell, IA 50112
Email: rodriguezs(a)grinnell.edu<mailto:rodriguezs@grinnell.edu>
Hello:
As a newer to Einstein Toolkit, I have successfully finished and executed the example file in the server following the link: https://github.com/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTutorial.ipynb. But I have a question about deciding the simulation output directory,how can l give the self-defined output directory for storing the simulation results. Is there any files contents or commands inside ET that could define the output directory by myself, or any documentations clarifying how the Einstein Toolkit decide the IO directory?
Maybe it is a simple question, but I really don’t want to mess the common folders up too much, since I need to work out some simulations about NR in the group’s server.
Thanks a lot !
Best regards,
Hawk Steve
Present: Steve, Helvi. Roland, Chris, Sam, Bill, Zach,
ET release planning
* BNS gallery example
** No update
* WVU_Analysis status
** No current update, Zach plans to get back to it in the very short term.
* Proca / Lean status
** Peter identified some issue for OMP simd pragmas with Intel 17/18 compilers
** Helvi checked that tests pass with -O0 and has access to stampede2 that lets her try and track this down
** Helvi and Roland saw an bug in output (seem like CarpetIOASCII) in the Lean Schwarzschild test where the number of data points output is incorrect
* release relevant tickets
** no update
Steve provided an update an update on the status of the PreSync work. Steve, Roland and Sam worked in the presync code and now have some test suites using mesh refinement working. This will not go into this release but possible the one after.
ET tutorial server volunteers needed
* We are looking for person(s) interested in creating a HTML page for signup for the tutorial server which can be started as a copy of the new user registration page https://einsteintoolkit.org/join.html
* A second page would be needed to serve as a webhook for bitbucket ticket creation / changes: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2225/bitbucket-does-no…
* If interested please contact the maintainers maintainers(a)einsteintoolkit.org
unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time
* one unanswered question:
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2019-February/006753.html
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Hello,
I have a problem about the gallery example of binary neutron star (https://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/index.html).
Is it possible to evolve and output some parameters like entropy , temperature and electron fraction ? Is so , how should I modify the parameter file (NsNsToHMNS.par) ?
Thank you.
Best regards,
Chia-Hui
Present: Steve, Sam, Roland, Bill, Chris, Peter, Antoni,
SSL certificates:
* Steve working on it, not progress yet
ET docker image:
* Steve is thinking about creating a docker image to compile the ET in,
so far in the
trac to bitbucket:
* will go ahead, Steve, Roland, Debopam to arrange for time
* unknown users are being mapped to a user "anonymous" (who does
not exist on bitbucket)
ExternalLibraries to github:
* moved master thornlist, last week
* no reports of errors so far, will move release thornlist soon
ET release
* scheduled for March
* names: https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Details
* Proca as a name was suggested (if we get Lean + Proca in the release)
* no update on the BNS gallery example yet
ET workshop at RIT
https://ccrg.rit.edu/index.php/content/events/2019-06-17/north-american-ein…
ET Tutorial server:
* have needed information to replicate server setup
* will probably look into this after Feb 15th
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
Good morning,
As I was following the new user Tutorial and trying to request access following this link:
https://www.einsteintoolkit.nationaldataservice.org
it doesn’t seem to be able to connect with the server. Would you please advise me if there is another way to request a queen bee account?
Best wishes,
Shanshan
——————————————————————
Shanshan Rodriguez
Assistant Professor of Physics
1034 Noyce Science Center
Department of Physics
Grinnell College
Grinnell, IA 50112
Email: rodriguezs(a)grinnell.edu<mailto:rodriguezs@grinnell.edu>
Hello all,
we (the ET) are testing out moving the ET tickets to bitbucket:
https://bitbucket.org/riksanyal/trac_bb/issues
Please feel free to have a look and report any issues that you find to either Debopam Sanyal (who does the work) dsanyal2(a)illinois.edu or me (Roland Haas).
Current plans are to go ahead with the conversion shortly after February 1st.
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .