Hello: As a newer to Einstein Toolkit, I have successfully finished and executed the example file in the server following the link: https://github.com/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTutorial.ipynb. But I have a question about deciding the simulation output directory,how can l give the self-defined output directory for storing the simulation results. Is there any files contents or commands inside ET that could define the output directory by myself, or any documentations clarifying how the Einstein Toolkit decide the IO directory?
Maybe it is a simple question, but I really don’t want to mess the common folders up too much, since I need to work out some simulations about NR in the group’s server.
Thanks a lot !
Best regards, Hawk Steve
Hawk Steve, inside the Cactus directory you should have a file called simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini. There you should have something like this:
[default] user = xxxx email = xxx allocation = sourcebasedir = xxxxx basedir = zzzzz
basedir is where the output is written (i.e., replace zzzzz with the directory where you want the simulation output to be written). Otherwise you can always append the option --basedir=zzzzz when executing simfactory (the full options for simfactory are printed out by just typing ./simfactory/bin/sim within the Cactus directory).
Cheers, Bruno
Il giorno ven 15 feb 2019 alle ore 16:53 Steve Hawk < steve-hawk1998@outlook.com> ha scritto:
Hello: As a newer to Einstein Toolkit, I have successfully finished and executed the example file in the server following the link: https://github.com/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTutorial.ipynb. But I have a question about deciding the simulation output directory,how can l give the self-defined output directory for storing the simulation results. Is there any f*iles contents or commands *inside ET that could define the output directory by myself, or any documentations clarifying how the Einstein Toolkit decide the IO directory?
Maybe it is a simple question, but I really don’t want to mess the common folders up too much, since I need to work out some simulations about NR in the group’s server.
Thanks a lot !
Best regards, Hawk Steve _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello Steve,
As a newer to Einstein Toolkit, I have successfully finished and executed the example file in the server following the link: https://github.com/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTutorial.ipynb. But I have a question about deciding the simulation output directory,how can l give the self-defined output directory for storing the simulation results. Is there any files contents or commands inside ET that could define the output directory by myself, or any documentations clarifying how the Einstein Toolkit decide the IO directory?
Maybe it is a simple question, but I really don’t want to mess the common folders up too much, since I need to work out some simulations about NR in the group’s server.
Cactus thorns take the output directory for their output from the parameter
IO::out_dir
(an alternative name is IOUtil::out_dir)
in the parameter (*.par) file. Some thorns eg CarpetIOHDF5 let you specify that for their output you would like a different directory, however they default to IO::out_dir. Eg
CarpetIOHDF5::out3d_dir
This is described in the documentation of the IOUtil thorn (which provides the IO options):
https://einsteintoolkit.org/thornguide/CactusBase/IOUtil/documentation.html
and in CarpetIOHDF5 / CarpetIOASCII etc:
https://einsteintoolkit.org/thornguide/Carpet/CarpetIOHDF5/documentation.htm... https://einsteintoolkit.org/thornguide/Carpet/CarpetIOASCII/documentation.ht...
though only the CarpetIOASCII thorn actually documents the option. For CarpetIOHDF5 you have to consult its param.ccl file
https://bitbucket.org/eschnett/carpet/src/master/CarpetIOHDF5/param.ccl
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org