This is the final reminder to indicate your availability for the Einstein Toolkit Workshop. We will be closing the poll tonight and finalizing a date.
https://www.when2meet.com/?6644007-rVgmz
Best,
Deborah
-----------------------------------------
Deborah Ferguson
Graduate Student
Georgia Institute of Technology
Center for Relativistic Astrophysics
Boggs 1-66
The visualization result generated by file gxx_x is attached below. What is
this indicating and what is along x-axis and y-axis. Kindly reply me as
soon as possible.
On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 7:32 PM, Roland Haas <rhaas(a)illinois.edu> wrote:
> Hello Nisa,
>
> > I didnt understand that what the output files are depicting.. please
> guide.
> I am not sure how to help you with this. As said before, the file
> ADMBase::gxx contains the x-x component of the three metric, ADMBase::gyy
> contains the y-y component of the three metric etc.
>
> Can you provide me with more details as to what it is you do not
> understand about the files or the data they contain? It would also be
> good to keep users(a)einsteintoolkit.org as a CC address so that persons
> other than I can help you.
>
> Yours,
> Roland
>
> >
> > On 26 Jan 2018 3:39 am, "Nisa Amir" <nisaamir(a)math.qau.edu.pk> wrote:
> >
> > > Okay. I will read it..
> > >
> > > On 26 Jan 2018 1:16 am, "Roland Haas" <roland.haas(a)physics.gatech.edu>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > >> Hello Amir,
> > >>
> > >> > when we run the parameter file in thorn IDBrillData as it is,
> without
> > >> any
> > >> > change we get a number of XG files which are viewed by using xgraph.
> > >> What
> > >> > these visualization results depicts? Early response will be highly
> > >> > appreciated
> > >> You mean
> > >> arrangements/EinsteinInitialData/IDBrillData/par/brilldata.par ?
> > >>
> > >> The output produced is
> > >>
> > >> IOASCII::out1D_vars = "ADMBase::gxx ADMBase::gyy ADMBase::gzz
> > >> ADMBase::gxy ADMBase::gxz ADMBase::gyz idbrilldata::brillpsi"
> > >>
> > >> so basically the xx, yy, zz, xy, xz, yz components of the 3-metric as
> > >> well as a quantity called brillpsi which I would assume to be a
> > >> conformal factor set up by the initial data routine.
> > >>
> > >> To understand what they mean you would need to look up what the
> > >> parameter q_function = "gundlach" implies by reading the documention
> in
> > >> tex/documentation.tex (just run it through pdflatex). Eg section 2 in
> > >> there should give information.
> > >>
> > >> Yours,
> > >> Roland
> > >>
> > >> --
> > >> My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support
> encrypting
> > >> and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
> > >>
> > >
>
>
>
> --
> My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
> and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
>
All,
This is a reminder about the poll to determine the dates for the Einstein Toolkit Workshop. We would like to pick dates that allow the most people to come, so if you are considering coming to the workshop, please take the time to fill out this poll with your availability.
https://www.when2meet.com/?6644007-rVgmz
Thank you!
Deborah Ferguson
Georgia Institute of Technology
All,
Georgia Tech is hosting the Einstein Toolkit Workshop this year, and we are working on finalizing the dates. Below, I have linked to a when2meet poll for everyone to indicate their availability. All the dates are in June and we are aiming to have a 3 day workshop. We would like to finalize the dates before next Monday, so the final day to vote will be Sunday, February 4.
https://www.when2meet.com/?6644007-rVgmz
Thank you,
Deborah Ferguson
-----------------------------------------
Deborah Ferguson
Graduate Student
Georgia Institute of Technology
Center for Relativistic Astrophysics
Boggs 1-66
Hello all,
I am getting odd compile errors on OSX using osx-homebrew.cfg (in
master).
There seem to be two different errors right now:
* _mm_add_ps is not found (even though xmmintrin.h exists)
* ranlib (it uses XCode's) complains about the .a files that it claims
have no symbols. Forcing the use of ranlib from homebrew does not
show the error but then I need to hard-code the full path since
homebrew does not put ranlib in /usr/local/bin
I attach the make output (both types of errors are visible at the end).
A side node: to have remote commands work on OSX (ie remote compiling
*on* my OSX laptop not from it) only works if I add
"source /etc/profile" to my envsetup (otherwise /usr/local/bin is not
added to $PATH it seems).
Has anyone seen these types of errors before and / or could point me to
a "canonical" location for ranlib on OSX (rather
than /usr/local/Cellar/binutils/2.30/x86_64-apple-darwin17.3.0/bin/ranlib)?
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
Present: Roland, Antoni Ramos Buades, Eloisa, Erik, Ian, Jim, Sam,
Steve, Peter, Yosef, Bhavesh, Bill, Carlos, Gabrielle, Muricia
Suarez, Roberto de Pietri, Qian, two anonymous callers
Invitation to join cosmo working groups
* if interested, please join the mailing list as outlined in the email
by Helvi at:
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2018-January/006021.html
Failing tests in PITTNullCode:
* Yosef tracked it down to a compiler bug. The only affected code is
the test, regular code in the thorn does not use the failing
combination of operations. A bug report has been filed with the gcc
developers
* would like to find out which versions are affected
* will follow Yosef's suggestion and remove the test
Release status:
* test are in the process of running on clusters
* have to find out (again) how to populate
http://einsteintoolkit.org/testsuite_results/index.php
* had release status meeting on Friday and could clarify most issues
* details are here:
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Details
* Ian created tickets for the otustanding tasks (marked with the
milestone) in the trac system
* code name "Tesla"
OpenMP scaling:
* Jim ran openmp-tasks version on Stamped2 Skylake
* running on larger number of cores (~24 nodes) one sees an improved
runspeed using the task based prolongation compared to either the old
code or the new code with the options turned off
* this test used 11 reflevels and fairly high resolution
* Erik points out the importance of thread binding in Cactus which
requires the SystemTopology thorn. Jim will re-run with that thorn
active (~256 iterations is enough). Should also post the stdout files
where Carpet lists thread binding results
ET US meeting at GT:
* dates have still to be finalized
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
Hello Chia-Hui,
this looks to me as if you are either not using the correct allocation
or are out of allocation time. Given that salloc worked for you I would
think is is the former.
Please check your simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini file in the [edison]
section to make sure that you have an
allocation = XXX
line where XXX is your allocation.
You can also check the SubmitScript (=SLURM) script used to see exactly
what simfactory passed to sbatch. The exact location is in the screen
output in the "Submit script:" line.
Yours,
Roland
> Dear Roland and whom it may concern,
> Before I set the submission as an interactive job which means I use the command :
> salloc -N 2 -p debug -L SCRATCH
> as I ran the example code.
> Recently I tried to set it as a batch job , so the command becomes:
> sbatch @SCRIPTFILE@
> However I met another error which seems the NIM information for me is not available as showed in the attached file.
> I am wondering whether it is related to the previous problem which we have discussed or there is something I was missing.
>
> Best regards,
> Chia-Hui Lin
> [cid:96df1161-586b-41e0-9ab7-a71b981bac7c]
> ________________________________
> 寄件者: ian.hinder(a)aei.mpg.de <ian.hinder(a)aei.mpg.de>
> 寄件日期: 2018年1月23日 下午 04:17:35
> 收件者: Roland Haas
> 副本: Einstein Toolkit Users; 林家暉
> 主旨: Re: [Users] questions about compilation
>
>
>
> On 21 Jan 2018, at 17:16, Roland Haas <rhaas(a)illinois.edu<mailto:rhaas@illinois.edu>> wrote:
>
> Hello Ian,
>
> Shouldn't these changes be backported to the current release?
> Sure. Would only be for a couple of weeks though. I am happy to
> backport them though.
>
> That would allow the machine to be used for science now by people just running "git pull" in the simfactory directory, rather than waiting until the end of February for the next release.
>
> --
> Ian Hinder
> http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin
>
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
We will have a release coordination meeting on Friday, 9 am Central
time, 10 am Easter.
when: Friday, January 26, 10:00 EST
where: https://bluejeans.com/510865816
We will discuss open tickets relative to the release. The relevant
queries can be found at https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/
--Steve