Thanks Roland and Maria
2021년 6월 10일 (목) 오후 11:50, Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu님이 작성:
Hello Hee Il,
from your email it seems that you are seeing differences between different ET releases but with the same par file.
I'm not seeing different results between Turing and Lorentz. Since they are identical, I've shown only representative plots (rhomax vs time btw). The issue is that he WENO of the ET versions do not produce the same inspiraling time with that of WENO-Z, MP5, and PPM, whereas the other three recon methods show decent coincidence for the inspiralling time.
Yet your plot seems to not show any pair of curves that only differ by the release code used.
Explained above.
If you are comparing to the runs by the Parma group (or any simulation) then you must ensure that you are comparing "apples with apples" ie you would have to run their parfiles with the current ET release (to check for a change) and also with their code (to check if the issue is compiler / cluster changes).
I'm not going to compare my current results to the Parma group runs. As you discussed in the meeting, since they used the recon codes and Con2Prim for the MHD, it might give different results. But if the differences are big even with zero B, I think it needs to be examined further in the future.
They provide their code and parfiles in:
https://einstein.pr.infn.it/svn/numrel/pub/
See "Background material" on
https://einstein.pr.infn.it/gravity/Research/BNS2016.html
which is listed on the "Additional Resources" page of:
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Additional_resources
Yours, Roland
I've been aware of it and used its grid setup. At first, I didn't follow their parfile but used my own grid amr with NSTracker. But for the comparison, I followed the parfiles there. I haven't tried to use the entire code of the Parma group. But at least I found their Lorene is different from official Lorene and ET Lorenes. I've made an ID by using their Lorene but the ID was not readable by recent ET/GRHydros.
My feeling is that GRHydro_WenoRecontruct codes need to be examined.
Thanks,
Hee Il
Hi
I'm reporting on recon_method dependency issue at least found in Turing
and
Lorentz. I've been studying BNS evolution by taking some of the Parma
group
models as references (DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.93.064047). But there were significant differences in merger time, t_merger. At the moment, I will
put
aside direct comparison between the GRHydro of Parma and recents ones.
What I've found is that WENO of Turing/Lorentz produces much shorter inspiraling time (See the attached figure). But WENO-Z/PPM/MP5, they all produce similar inspiraling time. Of course, depending on resolutions,
they
produce different merging behaviour but as shown in the figure,
higher-res
PPM matches with lower-res WENO-Z nicely, which is consistent with our expectations. I've got the identical results for both Turing and Lorentz versions.
I've missed recent GRHydro developments for a long time and I have no guesses for the discrepancy. I hope GRHydro developers examine this issue for the consistency of the recon_method. Thanks for your help in advance.
Hee Il
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .