Hi Erik,
Thank you for your comments.
This is not how Simfactory is supposed to behave. It seems that Simfactory is not correctly set up for your cluster. The mechanism you're describing is the one that's useful on a workstation or laptop.
Yes, that seems to be the case. It works as expected on both my PC and my cluster's front end machine.
I think you want "recover = auto" instead; that's the generally useful
setting.
Thanks, I agree, I changed it to auto and set the directory and file location as needed, but I get a new set of errors related to simfactory :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Traceback (most recent call last): File "./simfactory/bin/../lib/sim.py", line 148, in <module> main() File "./simfactory/bin/../lib/sim.py", line 144, in main CommandDispatch() File "./simfactory/bin/../lib/sim.py", line 106, in CommandDispatch module.main() File "...ET_Mayer/Cactus/repos/simfactory2/lib/sim-manage.py", line 396, in main CommandDispatch() File " ...ET_Mayer/Cactus/repos/simfactory2/lib/sim-manage.py", line 375, in CommandDispatch exec("command_%s()" % command) File "<string>", line 1, in <module> File " ...ET_Mayer/Cactus/repos/simfactory2/lib/sim-manage.py", line 206, in command_run simulationName = simenv.OptionsManager.args.pop(0) IndexError: pop from empty list
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would you or someone know what might be going wrong here?
Best Regards, Atul
-erik
thank you, best regards, Atul
Warning: job status is U Warning: Job chaining requested but job id 999999 is not in the
queue. Its status is U. Aborting submission.
I guess the issue is with the "status is U" part now.
Best regards, Atul.
On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 8:57 PM Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu
wrote:
Atul
"sim run" starts a simulation right away. Have you tried "sim submit" instead? This should check whether the simulation is still active,
and
if so, deactivate it before running the next restart.
-erik
On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 7:54 PM Atul Kedia akedia@nd.edu wrote:
Hello,
I want to restart a simulation to make it run for longer. It
currently stopped at the time it was asked it at my par file. It has checkpoints enabled in the par file.
I have increased the time in the par file at
<sim_name>/output-0000/ and at <sim_name>/SIMFACTORY/par and I tried the commands :
simfactory/bin/sim cleanup <sim_name> followed by simfactory/bin/sim run <sim_name> and set the added a line "jobid = 999999" as suggested at :
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2018-September/006528.html
and I get the error message : "Error: Internal error: Cannot submit simulation <sim_name>
because it is already active"
Another email thread I used for reference was this one:
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2018-May/006281.html
I am using ET_Mayer with the default simfactory that it comes with
(simfactory 2, I think).
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thank you,
-- Atul Kedia PhD student, Physics department, University of Notre Dame. _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/
-- Atul Kedia PhD student, Physics department, University of Notre Dame.
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/