Hi,
I am having problems with checkpoint restarting for high resolution Carper/McLachlan simulations. For more coarse resolutions I have no problems with checkpoint restarting, nor do I have any problems if the high resolution simulations run for only a few M. But when I do high-resolution simulations until stopped by wall-time and try to restart from checkpoint, I get the following error output :
################################################################# HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.5-patch1) thread 0: #000: H5Dio.c line 174 in H5Dread(): can't read data major: Dataset minor: Read failed #001: H5Dio.c line 404 in H5D_read(): can't read data major: Dataset minor: Read failed #002: H5Dchunk.c line 1724 in H5D_chunk_read(): unable to read raw data chunk major: Low-level I/O minor: Read failed #003: H5Dchunk.c line 2737 in H5D_chunk_lock(): data pipeline read failed major: Data filters minor: Filter operation failed #004: H5Z.c line 1116 in H5Z_pipeline(): filter returned failure during read major: Data filters minor: Read failed #005: H5Zdeflate.c line 133 in H5Z_filter_deflate(): memory allocation failed for deflate uncompression major: Resource unavailable minor: No space available for allocation WARNING level 1 in thorn CarpetIOHDF5 processor 104 host tachyon3167 (line 1102 of /home01/r632kgw/jakob/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOHDF5/src/Input.cc):
-> HDF5 call 'H5Dread (dataset, datatype, memspace, filespace, xfer, cctkGH->data[patch->vindex][timelevel])' returned error code -1 . . ......etc, etc, ##################################################################
Any ideas for possible cause and solution to this?
Thanks, Jakob