David
This is a good idea. How did you test this change? Did you try a particular test case, or a certain parameter file that uses periodic boundary conditions?
-erik
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 5:16 AM, David Radice david.radice@aei.mpg.de wrote:
Dear Einstein Toolkit users,
some time ago I wrote a patch to allow external thorns to perform direct calls to the low-level Periodic API, as I needed to apply periodic conditions only on selected grid variables.
I proposed this patch to Erik, who suggested to implement some improvements and to discuss it on the mailing list. After having implemented his suggestions, somehow I forgot to post the patch also here...
The way in which it works is by simply moving the "logic" (handling of errors and parameters) into Periodic_ApplyBC to make BndPeriodicVI "thorn agnostic".
Best, David
-- David Radice Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics Albert Einstein Institute Am Muehlenberg 1 D-14476 Potsdam Germany
Tel : +49 331 567 7242 Fax : +49 331 567 7499 Room : 1.64 E-Mail : david.radice@aei.mpg.de
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users