Hi,
I made a parfile for the test just by modifying static_tov.par to induce collpase. Please find the attached files. The figure shows manifest difference between ppm+v vs. ppm+Wv reconstruction. For the case of WENO+Ideal gas EOS, the two test lines show nice agreement.
Cheers,
Hee Il
2014-12-05 21:59 GMT+09:00 Roland Haas roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu:
Hello Hee Il,
Yes, the routines of PPM for "poly" are highly suspicious. I can't make comparisons for the different numbers but the star didn't rotate very
fast.
The evolution pattern (e.g. rho.max) was different, resulting in a black hole with an wrong mass, contrary to the case with the velocity reconstruction. I'm sorry I can't continue the test at the moment but MP5+Ideal EOS was also good without showing any difference.
Ok. Would it be at all possible that you attach the actual parameter file that you used? it would be fine to remove analysis etc thorns but very nice if we had a parameter file that demonstrated the issue, so that test runs are possible.
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.