Hello Roland,
Thank you for your email. I have VisIt 3 and ETK Mayer downloaded which I believe doesn't have CarpetHDF5. How do I use the CarpetHDF5 reader? Do I need to install it from https://bitbucket.org/rhaas80/carpethdf5/src/multifile/ or is there a newer version?
As to s.screenCapture, it was by default set to 0 , I have attached a sample image. setting s.screenCapture = 1 gives empty images, so does not fix the problem.
Best regards, Atul
On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 5:51 PM Haas, Roland rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Atul,
I can venture a guess. The relevant error message seems to be:
--8<-- VisIt: Message - Rendering window 1... VisIt: Error - The compute engine running on crcfe01.crc.nd.edu has exited abnorm ally. VisIt: Error - Scalable Render Request Failed (VisItException) viewer: Obtained null data reader for rendered image for engine crcfe01.crc.nd.ed u. --8<--
I have seem odd image corruption when VisIt could not read the image out of the OpenGL buffer it uses for rendering.
I would try the following:
- first try and see if you can open rho.xy.h5 in VisIt manually, you may have to make sure that the CarpetHDF5 reader is used
- then make a PseudoColor plot which should show one of the stars
if this works then at least VisIt can read the files and render them.
In that case you may have to play with the "screen capture" setting of VisIt's save window functionality (which is what is used to create the images).
In the python script, add this line:
s.screenCapture = 0
and if this does not help, try
s.screenCapture = 1
If you could include one of the images that may help.
Yours, Roland
Dear all,
I am trying to plot and make movie for the NSNSTOHMNS Gallery example
using
the support scripts provided. On using the VisIt support scripts as given in the example, I do get some figures named [rho_000000000.png, ... , rho_000000231.png], but they are all usually black screens or look like
tv
white noise.
Details of the simulation: I ran it on a cluster with 8 cores. My run data for mp_Psi4_l2_m2_r300.00.asc and rho.xy.h5 and the sample Results given in the gallery example are of the same order of magnitude(although not identical). So I doubt any problems on the data generation end.
I am using VisIt version 3.0.2 and FFMPEG version 4.2.1, and am loading python/3.7.3.
I get these when I run the command visit -cli -nowin -s rho.movie.py
... ... VisIt: Message - Rendering window 1... VisIt: Error - The compute engine running on crcfe01.crc.nd.edu has
exited
abnorm ally. VisIt: Error - Scalable Render Request Failed (VisItException) viewer: Obtained null data reader for rendered image for engine crcfe01.crc.nd.ed u. Running: engine_ser3.0.2 -idle-timeout 480 -host 127.0.0.1 -port 5600 VisIt: Message - Rendering window 1... VisIt: Message - Saving window 1... VisIt: Message - Saved rho_000000000.png ... ... s/nsnstohmns_in_saeng/output-0000/nsnstohmns/rho.xy.h5". VisIt: Message - Closed the compute engine on host crcfe01.crc.nd.edu. ffmpeg version 4.2.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers built with gcc 4.8.5 (GCC) 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-39) configuration: --prefix=/afs/
crc.nd.edu/group/mathews/tools/ffmpeg/4.2.1
--disable-x86asm libavutil 56. 31.100 / 56. 31.100 libavcodec 58. 54.100 / 58. 54.100 libavformat 58. 29.100 / 58. 29.100 libavdevice 58. 8.100 / 58. 8.100 libavfilter 7. 57.100 / 7. 57.100 libswscale 5. 5.100 / 5. 5.100 libswresample 3. 5.100 / 3. 5.100 Unrecognized option 'crf'. Error splitting the argument list: Option not found ffmpeg version 4.2.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers built with gcc 4.8.5 (GCC) 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-39) configuration: --prefix=/afs/
crc.nd.edu/group/mathews/tools/ffmpeg/4.2.1
--disable-x86asm libavutil 56. 31.100 / 56. 31.100 libavcodec 58. 54.100 / 58. 54.100 libavformat 58. 29.100 / 58. 29.100 libavdevice 58. 8.100 / 58. 8.100 libavfilter 7. 57.100 / 7. 57.100 libswscale 5. 5.100 / 5. 5.100 libswresample 3. 5.100 / 3. 5.100 Input #0, image2, from 'rho_%09d.png': Duration: 00:00:09.28, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A Stream #0:0: Video: png, rgb24(pc), 640x640, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 25 tbn,
25
tbc Unknown encoder 'theora'
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, best regards, Atul Kedia Physics Graduate student University of Notre Dame.
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .