Slack is one of the mainstream chat applications these days. We can create a "#newbies" channel there.
Maybe with a better name
-erik
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Eloisa Bentivegna < eloisa.bentivegna@ct.infn.it> wrote:
On 19/10/17 14:19, hwitek wrote:
Hi Jens, everyone,
i think that is a great idea. I've also met some students who were interested in learning how to use the Einstein Toolkit but were a bit shy to write to the entire list. So partnering "newbies" with a tutor or arrange for a monthly "how-to" hang-out could be a good way to lower that threshold. I'd be happy to help with that, but how about getting students (like Jens) or young postdocs involved? That would be a good learning exercise for both sides.
Hi!
I also think that this would be a good introductory step, but we've tried hangouts/chats several times in the past (via different platforms, often as regular weekly events), and we never had enough turnout to justify the effort. Maybe we could just activate this option on demand.
Eloisa _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users