Hello Chia Hui Lin,
looking at your output (internal compiler failure when compiling bbox.cc) this seems to be an instance of this bug:
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2021
there seem to be two way around this:
1. change the file edison.ini to load an older Intel compiler (version 16) 2. edit the file repos/carpet/CarpetLib/src/bbox.cc and add at the beginning:
#if __INTEL_COMPILER >= 1700 #pragma GCC optimization_level 1 #endif
which reduces the optimization level and avoids the problem.
Yours, Roland
Dear sir/madam, I am a master student of physics department ,National Taiwan University, and a beginner of Einstein toolkit. I started with my laptop and everything worked fine. While I turning to super cluster called Edison ,NERSC, some errors came up during compilation(that is, after I type the command:$ ./simfactory/bin/sim build ). 1.The attached file is the screenshot of the error message. It seems the error is caused by compiler. However the same error appeared after shifting the intel compiler to cray compiler or gnu compiler.How can I solve the error?
2.The machine definition file of Edison(edison.ini) is last tested in May,2015, so I am afraid that some information of the machine is outdated . Is this related to the previous problem(1.)? How can I update this file ?
Thanks for your help. Best regards, Chia Hui Lin