Dear Roland, Thanks for your answering. I am looking forward to the next release of ET and I would try it on edison at that time. So before then, I would try ET on other machine. Best regards, Chia-Hui Lin ________________________________________ 從: Roland Haas [roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu] 寄件日期: 2018年1月19日 上午 04:42 至: 林家暉 副本: Einstein Toolkit Users 主旨: Re: [Users] questions about compilation
Hello Chia-Hui,
Is the LICENSE problem the critical part in this compilation problem of edison? and
"Critical" in the sense that it speeds up your compilation significantly, but given that it compiles without, if you did manage to compile without you are fine.
Do you mean that I am recommended to download and install ET again on edison in February when the next ET is released ?
Yes, unfortunately we do no normally offer a way to "upgrade" an existing Einstein Toolkit installation eg from the Hack (2017_05) release to the upcoming release 2018_02. We basically ask people to do a full new checkout (and full recompile). This is due to the fact that the ET uses multiple git repositories so having a single "release" point is hard for us. There is also a chance that some thorns will move from using subversion to using git in the next release making an "update" even harder.
One can try and git a git fetch and git checkout to the new release branches manually but this is dangerous and will not always work.
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .