Hi Ian,
Thanks for taking a look. I have no problem with whomever seeing the script, so I am attaching it herein. If people see things wrong with the script, I am happy to hear about it.
I am having issues building the thorn. I get a crash of the build with complaints about
1. PTRACE_ATTACH, PTRACE_CONT, PTRACE_TRACEME
2. 'namespace CT_BrillAnalytic { }' redeclared as different kind of symbol,
3. /Users/comerduncan/Cactus/arrangements/Cosmology/CT_BrillAnalytic/src/CT_BrillAnalytic.cc:28:83: error: 'GetBoundaryWidth' was not declared in this scope,
4. /Users/comerduncan/Cactus/arrangements/Cosmology/CT_BrillAnalytic/src/CT_BrillAnalytic.cc:223:84: error: 'sqrtdetg' was not declared in this scope,
5. /Users/comerduncan/Cactus/arrangements/Cosmology/CT_BrillAnalytic/src/CT_BrillAnalytic.cc:735:60: error: 'AssertGroupStorage' was not declared in this scope,
6. /Users/comerduncan/Cactus/arrangements/Cosmology/CT_BrillAnalytic/src/CT_BrillAnalytic.cc:737:56: error: 'EnsureStencilFits' was not declared in this scope,
7. /Users/comerduncan/Cactus/arrangements/Cosmology/CT_BrillAnalytic/src/CT_BrillAnalytic.cc:739:49: error: 'LoopOverInterior' was not declared in this scope.
I am thus wondering whether there are other errors lurking in my script or, perhaps less probable other issues that Kranc has. Note that I am using Mathematica 10.
I can of course put the log file for the build of the CT_BrillAnalytic thorn on pastebin or could email a compressed version, whichever is useful. Just let me know.
Comer
On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 5:26 AM, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
On 1 Sep 2015, at 16:01, Comer Duncan comer.duncan@gmail.com wrote:
I have a thorn I am constructing from a Kranc script. it compiles ok. However, upon looking at its schedule.inc file there is a section in which apparently doubling up occurs. Here is the section:
schedule formgk AT CCTK_INITIAL before CT_MultiLevel { LANG: C SYNC: CT_g READS: grid::x(Everywhere) READS: grid::y(Everywhere) READS: grid::z(Everywhere) READS: grid::x(Everywhere) READS: grid::y(Everywhere) READS: grid::z(Everywhere) WRITES: CT_BrillAnalytic::g11(Interior) WRITES: CT_BrillAnalytic::g12(Interior) WRITES: CT_BrillAnalytic::g13(Interior) WRITES: CT_BrillAnalytic::g22(Interior) WRITES: CT_BrillAnalytic::g23(Interior) WRITES: CT_BrillAnalytic::g33(Interior) } "formgk"
My question is how come there is a doubling of a READS grid::x(Everywhere) along with the same for y and z? I don't see any problem in the script which obviously induces such behavior. So, does this indicate that there is a problem somewhere or should I ignore the doubling of the READS for x, y, and z? This script prepares initial data so this would not occur repeatedly.
Hi Comer,
This looks like a bug in Kranc. Different parts of Kranc are probably contributing accesses to the coordinate variables, and Kranc is not de-duplicating them. Since Cactus/Carpet currently don't look at these entries, it should be harmless for the moment. I have created an issue on Kranc's issue tracker: https://github.com/ianhinder/Kranc/issues/131. Would you be OK with sending me the script which has this problem, so I can attach it to the issue? Note that this would make the script publicly-available. If this is not OK, you can just send it to me privately.
-- Ian Hinder http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin