Hi Everyone,
I'am trying to build (compile) a simulation using some private thorns and the Einstein Toolkit (ET_2014_05). The build goes through successfully on my local machine (a laptop running on Gnu/Linux mint 17.1, using GCC compilers).
However, when compiling the same code on a remote cluster (running on Gnu/Linux RedHat plus Intel compilers) the compiling persistently fails with the error: cactus/arrangements/EinsteinAnalysis/AHFinderDirect/src/patch/patch_system.cc(87):
catastrophic error: cannot open source file "hdf5.h" # include <hdf5.h>
Searching on Google, there seems to have been aticket (https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/911, or http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2012-July/002333.html) on this issue and it was resolved. I tried the work-around suggested by Roland on the mailing list about modifying the configuration.ccl file in the concerned thorn. But this didn't work.
The ticket connected with this error points to modifications in cactus/lib/sbin/ConfigurationParser.pl file. On the web-page of this ticket/patches, I can see some highlighted sections -- green and red -- and some that are not. But I'm not sure what the difference between them is, especially in terms of what to remove and/or add onto my copy of the file in order to remove the error. (I have attached a copy of my ConfigurationParser.pl file)
Naively, I also suspect the issue could be that the HDF5 library on this cluster was compiled without support for C++. (..because the source file that raises the error is a C++ file which conditionally requests some HDF5 functionality.) But I tested this particular point by pointing the simulation to my own copy of HDF5 which I compiled with C++ support within the cluster. Yet the error still comes up and stops the compilation.
I'd appreciate any ideas to help me past this error.
Regards, Dumsani