Hi Frank,
Thank you for your prompt reply. I did check again that the directory exists, and sure enough it's there :-)
I have attached the defs.local.ini file here. The output of 'ls -la ./scratch/ettest50/simulations' was total 8 drwxrwxrwx 2 ettest50 lsuusers 4096 Mar 27 18:41 . drwxrwxrwx 3 ettest50 lsuusers 4096 Mar 27 21:25 ..
Cheers, Chaitanya.
On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 02:30:42PM +1100, Chaitanya Shettigara wrote:
Parameter file: /home/ettest50/Cactus/par/static_tov.par Error: could not access simulation base directory /scratch/ettest50/simulations for reading and writing Aborting Simfactory.
I notice that someone had the same problem back in 2011, and I created
the
directory by hand which seemed to be a solution that worked for him,
I almost replied with that advice. :)
but I keep getting the same error.
This is odd.
I also gave it completely open access permissions in case that was the problem.
This should not be necessary. Everything you run uses your account, so as long as you can write there simfactory should be happy.
Can anyone advise me on how to solve this problem?
It's tempting to check again that the directory exists, but only you can do so (/scratch/ettest50 is on drwx------). If it really does exist (/scratch/ettest50/simulations) then you probably have found a bug in simfactory, but an odd one since it seems to work for others.
Can you please send us your simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini file and the output of 'ls -la /scratch/ettest50/simulations' ?
Frank
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJRXYsTAAoJEOkzpip+I59kdEYP/3ZCRIopoV0yFWZ/10cC2tbq CLwHM24sxY8ufAeFBuw0ef62gD8Bx+e/PBrLyWtKURuOqoMrL4vQmI50ADWungE4 tYGXt+fk62sRTTB0i/1exbl8l30ShlC2c2x1qVEoa19S2Y8r0tMQSzaPP6RZLS9b IfF/ndT7PQ1L0hsz+g8TolJ9IuUzXdNvraoafS9/NLz9HYygkFjKKA+hFeI26b6b tqYwvXorC6W7oPs7jEpKxyDGmxi0g6AM2PwIrLDVbEcAY6UB9P8i5guYNigjNcoZ a0w/QF2HRAppKViuh3r+dxAt6/fLs6RrV7oDHKSFOe8VbePIDwS3G0uoEd7o9t6F +WFWXZrkyFx8jtA0BC1UiTG6Tis/DLMQ9lQEBBXv2GLyrwG/uHUiFMxkiBfNXDiN 0PgdsXsTPU5m5ArBpWw8d8Qg5QRU1Qa0XK7sVyCDukl8NwTIgFxwru/gi6GKa7om iyCBhcVj9YUB2cCKrtxJ9DShrRhDRKXfpJd8U5PLVrCFsafGqSyKoFMhPAJGBkoc c0nVzqf/fw9G2x8DyaQ/1oRf70kfE9XAxkR66gGDniW1vmcVd//A6dp4HGYfuhvS JXsMtTKamWrW5zHzqqjE7LjL3fACrNEMZTKKI91VxikBWN5hlgLT6FeUnWwJUl9S Fa5CfAnJa1M+2f/Cp2cZ =oFnf -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----