I have applied this patch.
-erik
On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 3:08 AM, David Radice david.radice@aei.mpg.de wrote:
Erik,
On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 14:58 -0600, Erik Schnetter wrote:
This is a good idea. How did you test this change? Did you try a particular test case, or a certain parameter file that uses periodic boundary conditions?
actually I tested it with my private thorn for hydro boundary conditions (with and without direct calls to the low-level interface and with the new and the old versions)... I guess that a similar test could be performed using the wavetoy, but I didn't try it...
In any case the patch doesn't touch the core of the thorn: it just moves a couple of things around... so I don't expect it to cause problems.
Famous last words...
I think the only test case with periodic boundaries that we have is in thorn ML_BSSN_Test, and I don't know whether it currently works because there were some interactions with the way boundary conditions are handled in Kranc.
Let's apply your patch.
-erik
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/