I tested the file:// handle with wget and curl yesterday, it works with curl but not wget. I'm not really sure why we would need to use wget or curl locally though, it seems that symlinks would suffice for local files, just like for git/hg/darcs.
Perhaps what we should do then is add a "!TYPE = ignore" as Frank suggested and then decide what would be the best method for handling local thorns which are not already in the source tree.
Eric
On Jun 25, 2010, at 7:00 AM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
I'm not speaking of GetComponents copying anything -- I have a thorn that is already there, and GetComponents reports errors when I update since this thorn doesn't correspond to anything in the thorn list.
Copying a thorn from a file:// url would also be nice, but isn't urgent. Maybe wget would handle this already?
-erik
On Jun 24, 2010, at 18:48 , Eric Seidel wrote:
Are you talking about a thorn that is not even under local version control? In that case I don't think GetComponents would support it currently. We could introduce a new !TYPE called 'file' or 'local', which would direct GetComponents to copy the items to the specified location, or just create a symlink.
Eric
On Jun 24, 2010, at 4:16 PM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
How do I specify in a GetComponent thorn list that a thorn is purely local and cannot be obtained from a repository? I still want to include the thorn in the thorn list so that I can use this thorn list for building.
-erik
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/