I notice that ML_ADMConstraints is not quite scheduled correctly. It
is scheduled with the line
schedule group ML_ADMConstraints_group in MoL_PseudoEvolution
which lacks an "after MoL_PostStep", since the ADM variables are
calculated in MoL_PostStep. However, this line is auto-generated by
Kranc -- is there a good way to add this "after" modifier?
One work-around would be to schedule an empty group (or a trivial
routine) in between these two, ensuring their correct order.
-erik
--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter(a)cct.lsu.edu>Â Â http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/
Ram asked for the best references to Cactus / Carpet / Kranc for
purposes of citing in a paper he's writing. What would we prefer he cite?
Cheers,
Steve
Hi,
I've got ExternalLibraries/HDF5 in my thorn list, but the build can't find hdf5.h
Preprocessing /home/shawley/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOHDF5/src/CarpetIOHDF5.cc
Compiling /home/shawley/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOHDF5/src/CarpetIOHDF5.cc
In file included from /home/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/CarpetIOHDF5/CarpetIOHDF5.cc:23:
/home/shawley/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOHDF5/src/CarpetIOHDF5.hh:5:18: error: hdf5.h: No such file or directory
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Scott
PS - I had earlier tried to compile with a Debian HDF5 installation, but kept getting erros linking hdf5_cpp, so I removed the installation and went with a Cactus-only build.
--
Scott H. Hawley, Ph.D. Asst. Prof. of Physics
Chemistry & Physics Dept Office: Hitch 100D
Belmont University Tel: +1-615-460-6206
Nashville, TN 37212 USA Fax: +1-615-460-5458
PGP Key at http://sks-keyservers.net
Erik,
I just renamed the thorn as Boost and pushed your changes to the github
version.
The new URL is
git://github.com/dradice/Boost.git
Cheers,
David
On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 14:28 -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> David
>
> I've updated your thorn. I believe you started with an old/outdated
> HDF5 script, and there were a few errors that prevented building the
> library from scratch. I'd also like to advocate renaming the library
> to "Boost", mixed case, because that seems to be the official name of
> the library.
>
> My copy is available on Damiana in
> <~eschnett/damiana/EinsteinToolkit-hg/arrangements/ExternalLibraries/Boost>.
> -erik
>
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 12:59 PM, David Radice <david.radice(a)aei.mpg.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wrote a small thorn to add support for the BOOST libraries within
> > Cactus, as I am using them in a couple of thorns that I have written.
> >
> > It's based on the ExternalLibraries/HDF5 thorn that Erik wrote, so it
> > takes care to check if boost is already installed and, if it is not, it
> > builds them from a shipped tarball.
> >
> > It's publicly available at:
> >
> > git://github.com/dradice/BOOST.git
> >
> > I hope that this can be useful also for other people.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > David
> >
> > --
> > David Radice
> > Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
> > Albert Einstein Institute
> > Am Muehlenberg 1
> > D-14476 Potsdam
> > Germany
> >
> > Tel : +49 331 567 7242
> > Fax : +49 331 567 7499
> > Room : 1.64
> > E-Mail : david.radice(a)aei.mpg.de
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Users mailing list
> > Users(a)einsteintoolkit.org
> > http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> >
>
>
>
--
David Radice
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
Albert Einstein Institute
Am Muehlenberg 1
D-14476 Potsdam
Germany
Tel : +49 331 567 7242
Fax : +49 331 567 7499
Room : 1.64
E-Mail : david.radice(a)aei.mpg.de
Meeting minutes:
Present were: Tanja, Roland, Frank, Josh, Bruno, Yosef, Peter, Erik, Eloisa
status of ET paper:
no progress everbody was busy with other things.
fall ET workshop:
* Josh put his draft for a proposal into svn
(https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/documents/Proposal_WS_Fall2011/)
Lonestar issues:
* runs with large number of cores (>=72) hang often
* happens to RIT and GT using the simfactory options list (but at least
in the case of GT our own submission script)
* known to happen (Frank knows)
* happens with git version of Cactus
* GT: when hang occurs then the processes hang in Carpet/Recompose
(specifically a comm_state routine, I think step) where most processes
think they are done with a refinement level but some are not yet done
and wait for more data.
* suspect some MPI related problem
* will try differnt MPI versions and all contact the help desk
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Hi
Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
10 am US central time on Mondays. As usual, you can find instructions
how to join on the following web site:
http://einsteintoolkit.org/community/support/
I short: the number is (+1) 225-578-4942 or (+1) 866-573-0359 and
the conference id is 118682#.
One of the long-lasting items on almost every call agenda has been the
ET paper, and it should be on tomorrows as well. However, realistically
there isn't any chance most of the people who still need to do work for
the paper (which includes myself) will have the opportunity to do so
within the coming week, nor did they apparently do so over the previous
few weeks. Thus, the ET paper will _not_ be part of tomorrows
discussion, but that doesn't mean it has been forgotten. Expect a
'revival' of this in about two weeks.
I didn't hear news about CCE, but with Christian Reisswig being on
vacation we should defer this topic as well.
In addition, I am very short on time this week, so I personally would
favor a very short meeting tomorrow. Thus, I will not put an agenda up
and we will simply go around to give everyone the opportunity to ask
or comment on anything.
Frank
Hello,
I wrote a small thorn to add support for the BOOST libraries within
Cactus, as I am using them in a couple of thorns that I have written.
It's based on the ExternalLibraries/HDF5 thorn that Erik wrote, so it
takes care to check if boost is already installed and, if it is not, it
builds them from a shipped tarball.
It's publicly available at:
git://github.com/dradice/BOOST.git
I hope that this can be useful also for other people.
Cheers,
David
--
David Radice
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
Albert Einstein Institute
Am Muehlenberg 1
D-14476 Potsdam
Germany
Tel : +49 331 567 7242
Fax : +49 331 567 7499
Room : 1.64
E-Mail : david.radice(a)aei.mpg.de